We’re seeking a Lead Designer to manage the creative direction of our company. This position will work interchangeably with multiple departments including engineering, operations, and marketing. You will report directly to the CEO.
As a mobile first company, we need someone with experience applying design strategies to mobile applications as well as the web. On the one hand, you are a talented UI/UX designer with experience creating and documenting navigation structures, information architectures, user interfaces, and interaction models. On the other hand, you are a branding expert who can work with our marketing team to refine the overall appearance, voice and direction of our brand across a wide variety of mediums.
You will create unique graphics and produce impactful materials that tell our story on print and digital platforms
- Develop and grow the Washio brand into a cohesive vision
- Manage creative projects from conception to completion
- Collaborate with our engineers and marketing team members to create wireframes, mock ups, prototypes, etc.
- Create and uphold the identity of Washio across multiple mediums, this means everything from the iOS app all the way to the emails receipts and every material a user might experience in between
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related design field
- 3+ years of design experience
- A portfolio with outstanding and diverse design work
- Experience applying content design strategies on mobile
- Experience working with engineering teams
- Passion for detail in creating a tight, holistic experience for our customers
- Understanding of user-centric design with strong UX/UI design expertise
- Pluses: Experience with animation and video, and knowledge of front end engineering